I'm half way through week three of school...
1. I graded the first unit in church leadership’s “Problem Based Learning” and am higher than a kite—these students learned more about church finances in 2 weeks than any pat students EVER… amazing! I am humbled to have such brilliance before me every Tuesday-Thursdays. (You can see both the PBL activities and a smple of one group's two weeks work with PBL by going here: http://courses.indwes.edu/rel468/
2. I helped Dave Ward move his furniture around (again) today—he’s putting in new carpet. (He lives right down the street from me)
3. He helped me pick apples and I’m drying them now in my dehydrator—they smell great!
4. I am dog-sitting this weekend for Judy Huffman’s Carley—I’m the dog’s godfather.
5. Amanda is now ordained—I drove up with Sharon and the Lennox’s
6. It is going down to 39 degrees tonight her in Marion. I like cold.
7. I'm finished with all my September writing assignments but two--- tick, tick, tick...
8. All the Asburyheads are absorbed with the conflict at ATS...they take the rest of us with them in their passion. (See Schenck's blog).
9. I'm riding my moped to work daily...which is good since there is no parking basically in what USED to be the CM parking lot where the great hulk of a new academic building is going up.
10. That's about it for news from the third week here at IWU